• 2 ½ pounds of steak, cubed
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 cups of beef broth
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
• 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
• 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
• 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the cubed steak and cook until browned.
4. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the beef broth, bay leaf, rosemary, and thyme. Let the mixture come up to a low boil.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and flour, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
8. Prepare two 9-inch pie pans by cutting two circles of puff pastry to fit the bottom of each pan. Place the puff pastry circles in the bottom of the pans and spoon the steak mixture into each pan.
9. Cut two additional circles of puff pastry and place over the steak pies. Crimp the edges to seal.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
... Enjoy with your favourite veggies (mash and peas is our go-to!!!) 🤤🤤🤤