Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make snack to share with your family? 😊 Look no further than cornflake clusters! Cornflake clusters are the perfect snack for busy families that are always on the go – they only take minutes to prepare and they’re sure to please everyone in the house. Check out this recipe, it's perfect to do with the kids ❤️
- 2 cups cornflakes
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cornflakes in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together the brown sugar, honey, butter, and vanilla while stirring regularly.
- Pour the melted mixture over the cornflakes and mix until coated thoroughly.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each scoop for the clusters to expand.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the clusters cool before serving. Enjoy!
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
- Dried cranberries
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt for a sweet and salty combination.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the clusters for a chocolatey treat.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes for a fun holiday twist. Storage and Serving
- Store the cooled cornflake clusters in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Serve the clusters as a snack or dessert, or crumble them over ice cream for a delicious topping.
- Replace the honey with maple syrup or other natural sweetener for a different flavor.
- Add your favorite spices or extracts for extra flavor.
- Use a different type of cereal such as bran flakes, rice crispies, or granola clusters instead of cornflakes.